Head of Revenue
Lisbon (availability to travel abroad is required)
Reporting to: Founders
Primary Function: understand customer requirements, manage implementation process and drive adoption by providing recommendations that align with hotel client’s specific business needs. You are the go-to expert who helps our Hotel Managers better understand our recommended prices, analyse booking trends and anything else that helps them better optimize their pricing and maximize their revenue.
Salary: 17.000-25.000€/year, net (depending on experience).
Are you looking to join a highly ambitious international technology startup shaping the future of the Revenue Management? Do you want to work with a ground-breaking product created by some of the best engineers and data scientists on the planet? Are you looking for a company that will invest time in your development, support your professional growth and listen to your ideas? Do you want to leave your mark by impacting the life of hundreds of thousands of people?
If the answer is yes to the above, you may have found your dream job and we may have found our dream hire!
I’m Mario, Founder & CEO of Climber. We are looking for a super talented individual to join the team as we are growing to grow our company globally.
Climber helps independent hotels and small hotel chains grow revenues by automating their daily pricing, availability and campaigns decisions with an easy-to-use platform. Our long-term vision is to democratize the Revenue Management Software, changing the way data analysis and decision making is approached within hotels all over the world, leading to transformational change for our clients, from the bottom line to their impact on guests’ satisfaction.
To achieve this, we need to build an amazing team. Here’s where you come in…
We are looking for our Head of Revenue to join our team. If you are looking to get in on the ground floor of a high-growth startup and love looking at data and analysing trends, advising clients, set a growing strategy both for our clients and for our Revenue team, this might be for you. If you are successful – the sky’s the limit here and we reward our own.
We are looking to rapidly scale our team and our hope is that you’ll grow to be a VP Revenue Management, responsible for overseeing a team of regionally-focused senior revenue managers.
The Head of Revenue is a senior revenue manager with different hotels experiences, is highly analytical and is capable of building a team around him. He loves data and large data sets and the insights he can pull out of them. He is able to look at a graph of data and instantly derive insights. He is also highly motivated and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our clients are forward thinking and they understand that the best technology can only be fully optimized by the best revenue strategists. Thus, they have asked for support in both consulting and revenue management software. The Head of Revenue will manage clients’ relationship and identify opportunities to generate new business for Climber and for the hotel clients, will perform audits and provide consulting when requested, and he is the main responsible for keeping customers loyalty and renovation of contracts.
The Head of Revenue will conduct technical-level conversations and analysis with senior executives about their business, their revenue management issues and strategies to overcome them and help drive new sales for Climber.
You will also have a direct say on product developments and how our future Product Roadmap will look like. The successful candidate is a strong self-motivated and driven individual who is methodical and tenacious and can effectively interact with our team.
- Revenue & Account Management (acting on pos-sale):
- Strategize a concrete plan to achieve clients’ goals.
- Make pricing, availability and restrictions recommendations.
- Execute actions on behalf of client to generate new revenue enhancement opportunities, when needed.
- Engage hoteliers in targeted revenue goals.
- Manage periodic discussions with senior execs around their business needs.
- Manage and maintain current clients by providing a top-notch support.
- Leverage Climber tool to make analysis together with the client.
- Present monthly results to the current clients.
- Map existing Revenue Management technology and processes within the hotel and suggest improvements.
- Actively contribute with feedback to the redesign of new product features.
- Provide regulars app check-ups and reviews to improve product value.
- Provide insights to the definition of the Product Roadmap.
- Work together with the Data Team to improve the pricing algorithm and forecasts accuracy.
- Help on analysing other data set resources to be incorporated into the pricing algorithm.
- Engage in technical and business discussions that require a user perspective (e.g. UX/UI redesign of the app).
- Engage in broader business discussions with the Founders that have high impact on the future of the company.
- Help the Sales team book meetings with key independent hotels and hotel chains
- Participate in specific sales meetings to help Sales team close sales.
- A commanding desire to learn and succeed in Revenue Management.
- Prior hotel industry experience in different types of hotels.
- Know what IDeaS, Duetto is.
- Familiarity dealing with Property Management Systems (PMS).
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails and a great phone manner.
- A desire to do and achieve brilliant things! Is a natural ‘builder’ and self-starter.
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself.
- Integrity is fundamentally important to you.
- Good team player, flexible and positive attitude
- You want to make a real difference.
- You are naturally entrepreneurial, smart and are not shy to speak up when you can add value.
- Take feedback well and put the team and customers first.
– 1300€-1800€/month net, depending on experiencing (includes travel costs allowance and food allowance).
– Stock Options: 0.33% equity to start
– Lead generation bonus: to be agreed on
– On-premise audits/training bonus: when required our service will include visits to hotel premises to provide as well as training. These services are not mandatory for the hotels and if they are requested a split (percentage to be agreed on) will occur between you and Climber.
– You will enjoy substantial responsibility from day one and fantastic long-term career opportunities
– A role that allows you to have a real impact in a fun and exciting environment, working in a highly talented team guided by experienced entrepreneurs
– Flexible working hours
– Health insurance
– Flexible vacation policy (no fixed amount of days)
– Performance-based compensation
– Stock options according to seniority
– Truly international team
– Free fruit, cookies, coffee, good vibes and much more
– Small team, you make a difference
About Climber – Climber is an intelligent revenue management platform that enables independent hotels and small hotel chains to take effective decisions based on real-time data about their hotel and the market.
If interested, please send a note to our CEO, Mario Mouraz, at email@example.com